The FreshFive is our way of shedding light on a few items that you’ll definitely want for your wardrobe. With the temperatures dropping as we delve further into the season, outerwear is becoming a necessity. So allow us to visit a timeless classic, the pea coat. The pea coat is definitely a cold-weather staple that is both functional and fresh, and we’ve selected 5 coats that you’ll want to check out.
1) First up is the Guess Double Breasted Modern Pea coat. This is a modern take on the traditional and is sleeker in my opinion. This design fuses trench coat details within the frame of a pea coat thus ensuring that you’ll stand out from the rest. (Available at Macys)
2) The Gap x GQ Ian Velardi Blanket Stripe Pea coat. GQ and Gap collaborated on a line of items this season, and this coat is EVERYTHING! The striped detailing is a big trend seen from a few different designers and gives this coat a sportswear aesthetic. (Available at Gap)
3) The Wool Patch Pea Coat. This is another wool blend pea coat that is FRESH. The brown leather patches on the shoulders and elbow, give the coat a military feel while providing a contrast that helps you stand out. (Available at Topman)
4) The ASOS Pea Coat is a hot item simply for the color. Just because the fall/winter months may look gloomy, doesn’t mean that you should stick to drab or dark colors. This wide notched lapel coat is available in a couple different colors making the perfect item for many fall looks. (Available at ASOS.com)
5) Last but certainly not the least, in any form or fashion, is the Gucci Shearling Collar Wool Pea Coat. Another nod to military themed clothing, Gucci presents this opulent piece. The shearling collar and back belt detail take older military wear and bring it into a more modern state that’ll allow you to wear this coat with many different fall looks from dressed up to casual. (Available at MrPorter.com)