While we transition out of sweater weather, we come across a STAPLE in the menswear wardrobe. The button down. The button down shirt is an item that has mass appeal in both urban and more contemporary markets is the button-down (or button-up) shirt. This week’s fresh five is dedicated to the Button-down.
1) Inaisce Tengri Sleeveless Shirt – Our first pick isn’t your standard button-down. For starters there are no buttons. However this concealed hook and eye front closure, is an Asian inspired take on the button-down. Definitely something out of the box for our bolder “fresh fellas.” It also features an interesting silhouette with a leather mandarin collar, front pockets, and a vent at the back center hem. Retails for $945. Available at Farfetch.com
2) Carhartt Heritage Camo Mitchell Herringbone Cotton Tracy Shirt- Camo is definitely here to stay. One of our previous fall trends this print has taken menswear by storm. Gone are the days of the plain white or solid color button-down shirt. More designers are making items in bold prints. Also, the interesting thing about this piece is that is that it isn’t your standard Camo pattern. Retails for $100. Available at MyWardrobe.com
3) Burberry Prorsum Slim Fit Short-Sleeved Printed Cotton Shirt- Staying on the trend of bold prints, our number 3 pick from Burberry Prorsum. This more tailored look features an interesting leaf print that will make others take a second look at this item. Retails for $595. Available at Mr. Porter
4) April 77 Ace Shirt with Printed Paisley- This paneled button-down features a paisley front with a denim patch pocket and a denim backing. Simple, yet interesting. Retails for $255. Available at Asos.
5) Urbaneer Flannel Button-Down Shirt Jacket – Our final pick is probably the most interesting of the group. Urbaneer takes two menswear items, combines them, and adds some additional flare. Twill elbow patches and a shoulder applique adorn this flannel button down making this definitely a statement piece. It also comes with back shoulder clipping for carrying cargo. Very edgy. Very versatile. Retails for $98. Available at Dr. Jays.