One thing that is definitely not fresh is a bulky pocket. I definitely subscribe to the notion that “less is more,” but in some instances there aren’t many ways that you can pack light. So what’s the solution to those instances? Grab a duffle bag to throw your stuff in. Duffle bags, or holdalls, have gained a lot of popularity in Men’s fashion, and have ventured out of the weekend trip category into everyday use. This edition of Fresh Five highlights five of this season’s duffle bags that you’ll want to own for those days when you need to take it all with you.
1. The Flud duffle Plaid by Flud $52 . This is a basic one zip duffle bag which contains two interior pockets. The plaid print, however, turns this basic duffle into a statement piece.
2. Brown Leather look Holdall by Asos $76. This duffle has a more rustic, worn feel. The two front pockets make it look like a satchel which can transition this bag from a weekender to everyday at the office.
3. Joy Guccisma Leather Holdall by Gucci. When it comes to duffle bags Gucci is rarely outdone. This brown leather holdall contains the Gucci signature logo embossed throughout the bag which provides subtle yet stylish detailing. Perfect for travel. Available at Mr. Porter, retails for $1450.
4. Combined Fabric bag by Zara. Retails for $99. This is probably the most versatile of all the fresh five picks. The large front zip pockets make it easy to store a number of fresh items. It also contains an interior pocket and detachable strap.
5. Flipinski by Aldo. $60 This charcoal duffle has a double buckle detail along with a zip front pocket. It also includes a detachable strap that can turn it into a cross body bag, similar to an everyday messenger bag.