Being bald isn’t as easy as it looks—and shaving is a necessity. Finding the right product to keep your head protected, shiny and clean can be as hard as dating as in NYC. Thankfully, the folks at Edge Shave Gel helped me solve both of these problems. A few weeks ago, Edge Shave Gel invited me and fellow influencers to a night of bowling, libations and of course, tips on shaving and dating at the launch of the new Edge Cleaning Shave Gel.
First, NYC’s hottest dating expert John Keegan offered some dating tips to help us get our edge to find the perfect someone this summer. (Spoiler alert: it doesn’t involve swiping left or right).
Here are some of his tips below:
1. When sitting across from someone, mirror their behavior. For example, if they lean in, so should you. If they lean back, you lean back, too. It’s a great way to establish trust and put your partner at ease!
2. When approaching a woman, keep your body language facing outwards, not boxed-in. Guys, oneway you can put your best face forward is to get a close ,clean shave. I recommend using Edge Cleansing Shave Gel for sure!
3. Don’t be shy yourself, and conversely, don’t take shyness as a lack of interest in you. Trust your instincts, and be open to sharing your opinion or feelings. Also, people can be shy when first meeting someone on a date – don’t assume they’re not interested in you; it’s very possible
they’re just shy!
4. One of the biggest challenges is getting out of your own way. We lose confidence or overanalyze, and don’t hang on to that spark that attracts people to us in the first place. Making sure you have a great shave is one way to give you the confidence to feel your best – using Edge Cleansing Shave Gel, which is made with a special blend of facial cleansers that help lift away dirt and oil, is one of my favorite ways to prep for a date.
5. Trust your gut. If you meet someone and feel instinctively that you are meant to connect, honor that instinct and don’t let the fear of rejection stop you from pursuing that person.
Second, I played a friendly bowling game where I did terribly…but hey, practice makes perfect, right?
Third, I got a shape up from professional barber Gary Aranov of NYC’s Bedford Barbers using Edge Shave Gel’s new Cleansing variant. I was really happy with the experience! It was a super soothing, close shave that didn’t irritate my skin and felt great! Days later, I still had no issues with bumps or anything of the sort. It’s a product I would recommend—for not only the grooming experience but the price point, as well.
Who doesn’t love a great shave without breaking the bank? Click here to see for yourself.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Edge® Shave Gel, but all opinions are my own.
Photos by Makena Cummings excluding gif.